2 to 3 years of experience writing and editing business documentation (brochures, presentations, email newsletters, etc.) and website content optimized for Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Education and Work Experience:
• Bachelors Degree in English, Marketing, Communications, Journalism or a related field
• Three (3) or more years of related professional experience
• 2 to 3 years of experience writing and editing business documentation (brochures, presentations, email newsletters, etc.) and website content optimized for Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
• High-level of proficiency with Google search engine
• Strong creative writing and editing ability
• Demonstrates strong working knowledge of SEO (Search Engine Optimization), keyword research, and best practices for web and print content creation
• Experience working with a CMS (Content Management System); Moderate to Expert level proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
• Will run errands throughout the hospital and in the general community
Marketing Communications Writer plays a critical role in communicating company’s message to internal and external audiences through online and offline content. Skilled in performing necessary research to create keyword optimized content for the company’s website.
In addition, has experience in creating non-web based marketing content including brochures, speeches and presentations. Must have an interest in working within the company’s values of hospitality, integrity, honesty, and stewardship.
Founded in 1874, Mercy Medical Center is a Catholic health care facility, sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy, as well as a teaching hospital for the University of Maryland School of Medicine. Located in downtown Baltimore at 345 St. Paul Place, Mercy is part of Mercy Health Services, Inc., which also includes Stella Maris, Central Maryland’s largest long-term/geriatric care facility located in Timonium, MD, as well as a network of community health centers.
In 2010 Mercy’s campus expanded with the addition of new $400+ million, 20-story replacement hospital, The Mary Catherine Bunting Center, which features 15 state-of-the-art operating rooms and 196 private inpatient rooms.
Mercy has been the recipient of numerous awards and honors, most recently including Magnet Recognition for Nursing excellence, the American Institute of Architects’ Presidential Citation for Urban Design, and U.S. News & World Report’s high-performing hospital in the areas of Cancer, Diabetes & Endocrinology, Gastroenterology, Geriatrics, Gynecology, Nephrology, Neurology & Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, Pulmonology and Urology.
Mercy Health Services
301 St. Paul Place
Baltimore, Maryland 21202 (USA)