SEM/SEO Analyst with 2 to 4 years exp.
The SEM/SEO Analyst will work closely with the Norton Support Enablement and Program Management teams within the Symantec’s Consumer Business unit. The SEM/SEO Analyst will be a self-driven, data centric person who consistently strives to improve the performance of Norton’s customer support knowledgebase in search engines using advanced SEO and social media tactics. The successful candidate will work on multiple internal and external SEO projects, and must have passion and curiosity about the ever changing SEO and online marketing arena.
Work closely with the Norton consumer support Managers to plan and successfully execute ROI-positive internal and external SEO initiatives.
* Work closely with Support content team to generate/edit content and optimize them for search engine friendliness.
* Stay up to date with industry trends and news including latest white hat and black hat optimization tactics so as not to run against prescribed search engine guidelines.
Search Engine Optimization
* Conduct keyword research to expand organic search footprint.
* Regularly perform competitive analysis.
* Perform site structure analysis and recommend improvements.
* Deploy effective internal linking strategies to improve content traffic and search engine visibility.
* Writing search engine link bait page copy.
* Provide strategic and tactical recommendations for on-page optimizations for all new/existing support content.
* Generate necessary ranking reports.
* Perform ethical external linking campaigns.
* Perform forum/blog and article postings, and commenting.
* Monitor key SEO and business metrics, and provide insight into how to improve performance.
* Work with content team to optimize and test content for search engine friendliness
* Use appropriate social media platforms and techniques to promote support content.
* Use appropriate tools and techniques to optimize and promote rich media support content (videos, images, etc.).
* Clear understanding of on-site and off-site SEO.
o Content: Content creation, keyword research, and analysis.
o Linking: internal and external linking strategies.
* Demonstrate successful implementing SEO strategies with a goal of increasing traffic and visibility to content.
* Understanding of basic HTML, CSS, XML sitemap submissions, and code structure as it relates to SEO.
* Proficiency with webmaster tools such as Google Webmaster Tools, Yahoo Site Explorer, etc.
* Understand key business metrics and how SEO contributes to those metrics with a goal of providing insight and recommendations to influence those metrics.
* Ability to work on multiple projects while closely measuring the impact of each project and changing course when needed.
* Up to date understanding of search engine ranking signals with an eye toward their evolution.
* Ability to identify SEO best practices that can fit into current Norton customer support operations.
* Passionate about SEO, online marketing and emerging web technologies.
* Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Communications or related field required (Engineering preferred).
* Minimum 2 years of SEO work experience required – prior agency or enterprise level experience (a plus).
* Experience in Information Technology, Information Systems, and/or Marketing, required.
* Proficiency with web analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Omniture, and/or WebTrends
* Experience in creating/editing and promoting rich media content is a plus.
* Proficiency with Excel, including pivot tables, charts and graphs is a plus.
* Multi-lingual SEO experience is a plus.
* Experience in security industry and technical writing is a plus.
Symantec helps organizations protect business” infrastructures and information, across numerous and complex IT systems. For more than 20 years Symantec has been protecting customers from threats, system failures, user errors, and disaster – protecting more people and more companies from online threats than anyone in the world; enabling business and individuals to work and communicate and interact safely in a connected world. Headquartered in Cupertino, California,
1/24, Shivaji Gardens,
DLF Info City Developers (Chennai) Limited,
5th Floor, Block 1A, Moonlight Stop,
Nandambakkam Post, Rampuram Mount
Chennai – 600089, INDIA
Email your updated CV to email@example.com or call on +91 22 25900416